Staying hydrated is at the core of a healthy lifestyle, especially in a city with such high temperatures as Dubai. Drinking water in Dubai is crucial to any resident’s vitality, productivity, and appearance. But when trying to maintain this optimum lifestyle, will just any tap or mineral water do? The answer may not be as cut and dry as you might think. There are clear disadvantages to using unfiltered tap water instead of purified water.
1. Higher amount of bacteria. Filtered water contains dangerous bacteria and parasites that can cause havoc on your system. Non-purified water can contain more than 2,000 contaminates! Although municipal filters should reduce the number of harmful contaminates, using a water filter can ensure even greater safety and water quality. Through reverse osmosis, dangerous contaminants are filtered out.
2. Pesticides and lead. Advertisers may want you to think that all water comes from fresh, crystal clear, and natural sources, but the truth is that water can become contaminated with pesticides. Similarly, water supplies can become infiltrated with lead as a result of old plumbing. This is especially dangerous for young children and pregnant women. Exposure to lead can cause birth defects and problems with early development. If staying clean and chemical-free inside and out is important to you, then you should definitely consider a water filter in Dubai.
3. Too much plastic. One way that too many people get filtered water is through expensive bottled water. Not only is this costly, but it is also environmentally harmful! Most people don’t know that 90% of bottled water is simply purified tap water that has been packaged in a disposable bottle. An at-home filter for your water in Dubai can not only be an investment that will save you water over time, but will also benefit the environment.
4. Unfiltered taste. Mineral water, which often also contains trace amounts of chlorine, simply will not taste nor smell as pure and clean as filtered drinking water in Dubai. On an especially hot day, just think about how refreshing it will be to enjoy a cold glass of purified, filtered water.
5. Less benefits for hair and skin. Just as filtered water is more beneficial to your inner health, it can also benefit your outer body as well. Using a shower water filter in Dubai can greatly benefit your health by preventing hair loss and keeping your skin and teeth healthy!