The debate has long raged over what is better; bottled water or filtered tap water?
The U.S. and Canada are considering banning bottled water sales. This may seem extreme, but the data is conclusive:
- Plastic water bottles take over 1,000 years to bio-degrade. If incinerated, they produce toxic fumes.
- Only 1 out of every five bottles is recyclable. Over 2 million water bottles are in landfills.
- It takes 3 liters of water to make 1 liter of bottled water.
- A year’s worth of oil used to manufacture water bottles could fuel one million cars.
Filtered Water for Healthier Bodies
Studies show you can’t blame your baldness on tap water, even though many Dubai newcomers complain about hair loss. Dubai drinking water is safe for drinking when it leaves the processing plant, but the cleanliness of residual water tanks is quite suspect. In fact, 80% of Dubai residents will drink tap water only if it is boiled or filtered.
There are minerals in tap water, and if you buy mineral water for your home or office, remember – not all bottled mineral water is created equally! Too much consumption of mineral water can lead to hardening of the arteries, kidney stones and bone spurs. Mineral water literally weighs down your hair! “Soft” water is often lower in calcium, and that factor alone contributes to a better feel, look, and overall cleanliness. Filtered water cleans and softens your skin and hair much better than tap or mineral water.
Dubai’s temperatures in the summer average 45°C and even the ocean can warm to 37°C. Sometimes the humidity averages 90%. Staying hydrated is important, and we need to encourage our families and employees to drink more water. If the water has a good taste, that will encourage them to drink more of it. With calcium, magnesium, and even chlorine, one of the disadvantages of tap or mineral water is that it simply doesn’t taste or even smell as good as filtered water.
Save Money Filtering Water
Businesses and homeowners value saving money now more than ever, and your bottled water consumption costs much more than filtering, plus your water quality is consistent and healthier for your employees and family. Bottled water production is largely unmonitored, so the attractive label that says “fresh and clean water” may come from a Dubai municipal water supply, out of one of the holding tanks that are not exactly fresh and might not be clean.
“Even if you’re a moderate water drinker who downs just one 16-ounce bottle a day, you’ll spend about $80 for just a three months’ supply, or 11 gallons worth, of bottled water. Meanwhile, that $80 will get you at least a year’s worth of filtered tap water,” says consumer trend writer Barbara Thau.
THINK About What You DRINK
Safe Drinking Water Formulation (SDWF) says an ultrafiltration filter has a pore size around 0.01 micron, and the process is all about separation. Some of the particles separated and removed include:
- Monovalent ions (Example: nitrate)
- Multivalent ions (Example: calcium carbonate)
- Viruses (Example: one leak in a water pipe can introduce viruses into tap water.)
- Bacteria (Example: one study found Coliforms, Pseudomonas Aeruginosa and Fecal Streptococcus in Dubai swimming pools.)
- Suspended solids (Example: algae)
So~Safe PRO has a three-stage water purification and filtering system:
- Removal of sediments & dirt particles
- Removal of chlorine & organic chemicals
- Removal of microorganisms up to 0.01 micron
In 1988, we pioneered a water filtration system in the UAE. For over 27 years, the water professionals at So~Safe Water Technologies continue to explore and develop water solutions for cities and companies as well as families throughout the country. Call 971.6.552.7073 or contact So~Safe Water Technologies for more information.